A Global Financial Leader
With $3.7 trillion in life insurance policies in force worldwide1 and $1.334 trillion in assets under management2, Prudential is the 2nd-largest life insurer in the United States3 and the 9th-largest institutional asset manager worldwide4.
Prudential consistently ranks at the top of FORTUNE® Magazine’s Most Admired Companies in the World5 and as one of Pension & Investments’ Top Money Managers6. We are also proud of the recognition that we have earned from a variety of publications and associations for our workplace policies and contributions to the community.
Our diverse and talented employees in offices around the world are committed to helping people and companies attain financial wellness through our innovative products and financial solutions. Whether working with multinational corporations or individual families, we are dedicated to helping create financial strength today and security for tomorrow.
140 Years Old. Still Looking to the Future.
Clients - and employees - can get the best of the both worlds with Prudential: a successful, stable company that is committed to delivering both proven solutions for today and innovative ideas for tomorrow.
Our HistoryStrength & Stability
The Prudential Friendly Society was founded in 1875 in a basement office in downtown Newark, New Jersey. It was the first company in the U.S. to make life insurance available to the working class.
As a purpose-driven company, success in the face of adversity defines us. Over the past 140 years, our customers have relied on us during wars, depression, financial turmoil and technological revolutions.
Staying true to our roots and to the community that helped build this company, our headquarters remain in Newark to this day.
Our FutureInnovation & Problem-Solving
Today, we believe our core values are more important than ever. Our clients need more than short-term success, they need a long-term partner.
From our groundbreaking Pension Risk Transfer deal with General Motors, to our signature series on financial challenges facing specific communities and many, many more – Prudential professionals are working closely with both companies and individuals to address tomorrow’s important financial challenges.
One of the World’s Most Admired Companies
Prudential has been recognized many times for the excellence of our services, our role in the community, our commitment to sustainability and as a great place to work.
A Purpose-Driven Company
Since Prudential’s founding, a strong sense of social responsibility has been embedded in the company, guiding our efforts to help our customers achieve peace of mind and financial security. Our commitment to the communities that we serve has not wavered.
In fact, Prudential first established programs in support of the communities in which we do business during the Great Depression and after World War II, providing living proof that corporate responsibility and a focus on long term outcomes is good for business.
As a business, we carry out our mission by providing innovative solutions to complex financial challenges. And it’s with that same sense of purpose, that we develop innovative solutions to complex social challenges as well.
As a company and as individuals, we aspire to leverage our success and expertise on behalf of the communities around us. Our executives and employees are serving on nonprofit boards, volunteering their specific expertise, and working together to give back to in cities across the country and around the world. And, as we do in business, we let our results speak for themselves.
An Award-Winning Employer of Choice
- Change the World, FORTUNE®
- The World’s Most Admired Companies®, FORTUNE®, No. 1 in Insurance: Life and Health
- World’s Most Ethical Companies®, Ethisphere
- The JUST 100, Forbes and JUST Capital, No. 1 among life insurers
- 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Barron’s
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens, Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- America’s Best Employers, Forbes
- Top 50 Companies for Diversity, DiversityInc
- Top 12 Companies for People with Disabilities, DiversityInc
- Top 18 Companies for Veterans, DiversityInc
- Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index
- Top Employers and Top LGBT-Friendly Companies, HISPANIC Network Magazine
- Top Companies for Executive Women, National Association for Female Executives
- Best Companies for Diversity, Black Enterprise
- 50 Best Companies for Latinas, Latina Style
- Corporate Equality Index, Human Rights Campaign
- Best for Vets Employers, Military Times
- Military Friendly Spouse Employer, Victory Media
- Leading Disability Employer Seal™, National Organization on Disability
- Best Place to Work for People with Disabilities, Disability:IN
- 100 Best Companies, Working Mother
- 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces, Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
Ready to get to work?
We want to ensure that all interested and qualified candidates can apply for employment opportunities with Prudential. That's why we've designed our system to be accessible for individuals with disabilities. If you are a U.S. applicant with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please call (800) 433-8960 prompt 4 or email Accommodations.firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help.